Thanks for visiting our project website to learn more about our proposal to welcome back a grocer at the corner of 85th Street and 35th Avenue NE, along with new retail spaces, and apartment homes.
The project is still early in the design process – just at the site plan phase and we are committed to keeping the community updated through the design, entitlement, and construction phases.
Many of the building’s compelling features will be outcomes of coffee conversations, community meetings, and neighbor engagement. We have already met with the current tenants, are meeting with the Wedgwood Community Council, and are aware of the design goals outlined in the Future 35th Ave NE Plan, linked here.
Although no design features are final until we go through the City Design Review process, the following are determined uses and features that we are exploring:
- Five stories
- Two buildings to break up the massing and provide setbacks for sidewalk amenities
- 38,000 square foot grocer
- Four levels of residential over grocer with approximately 285 apartments
- Retain HomeStreet Bank in a new space
- Build 12,000 square feet of flexible commercial spaces that could host current tenants
- Provide approximately 343 underground parking stalls for both retail and residential
- Propose comfortable sidewalks with building setbacks for seating along 35th Avenue NE, at the corner of 85th Street, and along 82nd
- Propose a mid-block public plaza along 35nd Avenue NE
- Propose landscape buffers between the street and sidewalks
- Propose 25 retail bike stalls and E-bike charging
- Minimum of 60% of the project perimeter at street level will have canopies
- Respect to adjacent sites, especially along the east property line